7 Reasons to Mind Your Business
Published by: Nathan Fraser on 02-29-2016Tweet
Is there a deeper meaning to the old phrase "Mind Your Business"? Of course, nobody likes a tattletale, and gossip is often frowned upon, but does it go deeper than that? Can the inability to mind your own business actually affect your ability to successfully run your own business?
In this episode, I look at the top 7 reasons that minding your own business is vital to success in life, work, and society. Each of the following points will be expanded on in greater detail, in the podcast. Make sure you give it a listen, to fully grasp each one.
1. Gossip is a habit of the unsuccessful.
This has been tested and proven.
2. It makes you look insecure.
If you don't appear to be secure in yourself, how will others view you?
3. Stupid beef only feeds the other side.
"Look, if I shoot you, I'm brainless. But if you shoot me, then you're famous." - Jay-Z
4. The energy you waste focusing on someone else, is energy you can't focus on meeting your own goals.
Energy flows where attention goes.
5. Don't be focused on a fixed pie, practice abundance.
Don't worry about your neighbors bowl, unless it's to make sure they have enough to eat.
6. Lessons from the animal kingdom.
Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep.
7. Winners focus on winning, haters focus on winners.
Keywords: busy body nosey gossip nanny productivity success envy beef